Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Midsummer Night's Dream...


Sitting on a rock on our way up to Lake Blanch!


Inside Timpanogos Caves
If you're looking for a basic summary of the Shakespeare play...you're in the wrong place.

One year ago, when I started to realize that college was about to end and real life was coming full steam ahead my best friend, Laura, and I decided that we needed to make this summer before real life amazing. We decided that visiting her brother, Robbie, in the gorgeous state of Utah would be the perfect end to college and beginning to real life. Both Laura and I had just read "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, and discovered a part of ourselves that is very connected to mother nature and the beauty that surrounds us. With this new found love for nature and optimistic attitude, we set out to Salt Lake City, Utah, to spend hours outside taking in the scenery.

Beautiful view






Entrance to the caves!
We spent five days and six nights in Utah seeing all there was to see with the most amazing host! We hiked up a mountain to venture inside the Timpanogos Caves, hiked the Lake Blanch trail through vegetation and eventually snow, ran outside everyday, and visited the famous Temple Square. I had the most rewarding experience in Utah and learned much about myself as a person and a friend.

What I have discovered is that when you have the time to travel and see sights around your neighborhood, home state, country, world--TAKE IT! You will never feel more rewarded than when you accomplish something you set out to do.
Made it to the top of Lake Blanch!
Laura and I in the middle of a river
Scaling up Bridal Veil Falls!
Extreme hiking ahead!
We made it to the snow--now for the hard part!
Robbie taking it all in.
I love nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment